Friday, November 30, 2007

Santa

I don't believe in Santa. Not just that I don't believe hes real, but I don't believe he should be part of the Christmas traditions. That being said, I love my husband and I like him happy and he always had Santa in his home growing up. We've talked about Santa many times in our marriage, and I believe he supports me. Even so, I bring it up around Christmas time to make sure we're still on the same page. So the other day I asked him, "are we going to tell our kids about Santa?" and he said, "No Well tell them about Sandy Clause."
"Santy Clause?" I said laughing at his pronunciation.
"No, San-dy. Sandy. Sexy Santa,"

This is his way of changing the subject and keeping me from ranting. It worked. I'm still laughing.

Ok that wasn't as my blog sudgests a fallacy, but its funny.

6 comments:

ae said...

Except that Santa *is* a fallacy, so the blog still fits.

elesa said...

That is Hilarious. I think Richard could support Sandy Claus. It just might solve the Santa problem in our home!!

The Bec-ster said...

When I was little and my brother told me about Santa and our parents and showed me the evidence hidden in the closet and more...we then told our cousins who were visiting...we got in so much trouble!!!!! I don't think my aunt and uncle have forgiven us yet. That was over 20 yrs. ago.
Uh what was my point...hmm, can't remember.

SillySlang said...

A friend of mine explained Santa as a way of doing something nice for someone without them knowing who did it, and taught their kids that *anyone* can be Santa.
You can teach them the history of Santa, which I would type here, but it would take too long.
-Trina

Lance Whitaker said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about santa. But I don't think it is right to try to convince children that he is a real person. It's not true.

We treat santa like the easter bunny. We go out and put eggs around and tell the kids "Hey the easter bunny left these eggs out here, haha." And Ethan says "Is the easter bunny real" and we say "No, We are just being silly."

I don't know why he has to be a real person with magic in order for it to be fun.

Faralee said...

ha ha ha. I think thats funny that though I didn't actually say much about manta, everyone couldn't resist putting in their two bits.